Curiousity: How many books can I read in one year? How many will I remember?

about

I love the written word. I love music. I love storms. I love my love with an "S".
See my complete profile

links

recent

  • Your Cat's Just Not That Into You - Richard Smith
  • A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
  • The Bride Stripped Bare - Anonymous
  • The Complete List of Books
  • archive

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2008
  • i power blogger.
    site design created by yours truly.
    images hosted by picasa/hello.
    white rabbit pilfered from mr. carroll, manipulated with gimp.
    all words are mine unless otherwise noted. copyright me and etc.

    ~~*~~

    Monday, January 09, 2006

    The Skeptic's Guide to the Paranormal - Lynne Kelly

    ISBN: 1560257113 (paperback)
    Pub:
    Thunder's Mouth Press (March 10, 2005)

    Book borrowed from the library.

    A pretty good read, which debunks a lot of common beliefs and misconceptions about "paranormal" activity. Some of her research however is dated, and some "famous" cases she cites are cases I'd never heard of before; while cases that are generally known worldwide were either dismissed or not even given mention. Still, she cleverly approaches topics with an almost hopeful skepticism. More than once she admits that with certain things, she wished there were evidence to the contrary.

    Time to read: A few days; kept putting it down to do other things. It's the sort of book you can put away a while and not lose your place.
    Rate: ***--
    Posted by: Slowplum at: 12:06 PM
    0 comments

    ~~*~~

    Top