Curiousity: How many books can I read in one year? How many will I remember?

about

I love the written word. I love music. I love storms. I love my love with an "S".
See my complete profile

links

recent

  • Dragons - Christopher McPherson
  • Everything but the Truth - Christopher McPherson
  • The Skeptic's Guide to the Paranormal - Lynne Kelly
  • Your Cat's Just Not That Into You - Richard Smith
  • A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
  • The Bride Stripped Bare - Anonymous
  • The Complete List of Books
  • archive

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2008
  • i power blogger.
    site design created by yours truly.
    images hosted by picasa/hello.
    white rabbit pilfered from mr. carroll, manipulated with gimp.
    all words are mine unless otherwise noted. copyright me and etc.

    ~~*~~

    Wednesday, January 11, 2006

    Donna Parker: A Spring to Remember - Marcia Martin

    Note: There is no apparent ISBN on this book.
    Pub: Whitman Publishing Company 1960 (Hardcover)


    My mom found a box full of old kids' books. They belonged to me, though most were initially hers or were her garage sale finds. The binding on this book is a little worn, and it has that dusty, old-book smell. So of course I had to read it!

    I won't bother to rate the books I found in this box, as what are the chances that you'll be able to get a copy of something that is technically now considered to be an antique?

    Synopsis: Donna Parker is graduating from junior high. She grows up a lot over this last year as she procures a boyfriend, Richard, who is really named Paul; her best friend Ricky's mother dies and Ricky goes bonkers; she attends a wedding where she is shown to be a complete child, which gets her to understand Ricky's plight a little better; bla bla bla etc etc.

    Features terrific slang terms like "Gleeks!" and "Goodness!", and the hip clothes are considered to be a good pair of plaid bermuda shorts. Ahh, youth.

    All in all, an entertaining, short read. Took me about an hour.
    Posted by: Slowplum at: 4:25 PM
    0 comments

    ~~*~~

    Top