Curiousity: How many books can I read in one year? How many will I remember?

about

I love the written word. I love music. I love storms. I love my love with an "S".
See my complete profile

links

recent

  • Trixie Belden and the Mysterious Code - Kathryn Kenny
  • Trixie Belden and the Black Jacket Mystery - Kathr...
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery Off Glen Road - Juli...
  • Arthur, For the Very First Time - Patricia MacLachlan
  • Donna Parker: A Spring to Remember - Marcia Martin
  • Dragons - Christopher McPherson
  • Everything but the Truth - Christopher McPherson
  • The Skeptic's Guide to the Paranormal - Lynne Kelly
  • Your Cat's Just Not That Into You - Richard Smith
  • A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
  • archive

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2008
  • i power blogger.
    site design created by yours truly.
    images hosted by picasa/hello.
    white rabbit pilfered from mr. carroll, manipulated with gimp.
    all words are mine unless otherwise noted. copyright me and etc.

    ~~*~~

    Monday, January 16, 2006

    Nancy Drew and the Secret of Red Gate Farm - Carolyn Keene

    No apparent ISBN on this book.
    Pub: Grosset & Dunlap Inc, 1961 (Hardcover)

    Found in the box of books.

    After this one I think I'm going to take a break from the book-box hunt and move on to the rest of the books I'd borrowed from the library this month.

    This is the third in a long series of books about the Titian-haired supersleuth, Miss Nancy Drew. Nancy's friend Bess sends them down a perilous path when she insists on buying an expensive perfume, in spite of a reluctant shopkeeper. Bess, George & Nancy befriend a young woman who came to River Heights looking for work in order to save her grandmother's farm. Bla bla bla, they get themselves into fixes, in the end Nancy saves the day.

    Time to read: 1-2 evenings (kept putting it down to do stuff, not that I didn't enjoy the book but I had things to do)

    I can't rate Nancy Drew. She's too much a part of my childhood and I'm biased (yes even now).
    Posted by: Slowplum at: 3:49 PM
    0 comments

    ~~*~~

    Top