Curiousity: How many books can I read in one year? How many will I remember?

about

I love the written word. I love music. I love storms. I love my love with an "S".
See my complete profile

links

recent

  • note to self
  • The Bad Mother's Handbook - Kate Long
  • Cherry Ames: Seniour Nurse - Helen Wells
  • Sebastian and the Santa Claus Caper - Mary Blount ...
  • The Autobiography of Santa Claus - As Told by Jeff...
  • Nancy Drew and the Secret of Red Gate Farm - Carol...
  • Trixie Belden and the Mysterious Code - Kathryn Kenny
  • Trixie Belden and the Black Jacket Mystery - Kathr...
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery Off Glen Road - Juli...
  • Arthur, For the Very First Time - Patricia MacLachlan
  • archive

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2008
  • i power blogger.
    site design created by yours truly.
    images hosted by picasa/hello.
    white rabbit pilfered from mr. carroll, manipulated with gimp.
    all words are mine unless otherwise noted. copyright me and etc.

    ~~*~~

    Sunday, February 05, 2006

    Harriet Spies Again - Helen Ericson

    ISBN: 0-385-90022-8 (Hardcover)
    Pub: Delacorte Press, March 2002


    Book borrowed from the Library.

    Ericson continues where Louise Fitzhugh leaves us off - Harriet is turning twelve, she and Simon go to different schools now, she is still spying away. In this story, Ole Golly returns with a secret, Harriet encounters a precocious young girl in the building across the street, and her parents are in Paris. The book stays true to Fitzhugh's form, punctuated with Harriet's journal entries and hilarious outbursts. It is easy to see why Fitzhugh's estate permitted Ericson & Delacorte Press to publish this companion novella.

    The humor, the love, and the heart are all there. Excellent book and I'd recommend it to anyone who loved the first Harriet book. My only issue would probably be that the encounter with the young girl really had nothing to do with anything. Also I am biased and wish she'd just get together with Sport already!

    Time to read: 1/2 day on and off.
    Rate: ****-
    Posted by: Slowplum at: 4:15 PM
    0 comments

    ~~*~~

    Top