Curiousity: How many books can I read in one year? How many will I remember?

about

I love the written word. I love music. I love storms. I love my love with an "S".
See my complete profile

links

recent

  • Sebastian and the Santa Claus Caper - Mary Blount ...
  • The Autobiography of Santa Claus - As Told by Jeff...
  • Nancy Drew and the Secret of Red Gate Farm - Carol...
  • Trixie Belden and the Mysterious Code - Kathryn Kenny
  • Trixie Belden and the Black Jacket Mystery - Kathr...
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery Off Glen Road - Juli...
  • Arthur, For the Very First Time - Patricia MacLachlan
  • Donna Parker: A Spring to Remember - Marcia Martin
  • Dragons - Christopher McPherson
  • Everything but the Truth - Christopher McPherson
  • archive

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2008
  • i power blogger.
    site design created by yours truly.
    images hosted by picasa/hello.
    white rabbit pilfered from mr. carroll, manipulated with gimp.
    all words are mine unless otherwise noted. copyright me and etc.

    ~~*~~

    Thursday, January 19, 2006

    Cherry Ames: Seniour Nurse - Helen Wells

    There is no apparent ISBN on this book.
    Pub: Grosset & Dunlap, 1944 (Hardcover)

    Found in the box of books.

    Cherry Ames is a troublemaker of a nurse, participating in her senior year at nursing school. While she takes on a probee (probational student) who is antisocial and curmudgeonly, and a doctor-to-be named Lex who angers her at every turn yet attracts her, she also has to solve a mystery in order to clear Lex's name! Surely he didn't steal the newly developed penicillin that the government would surely need and that the enemy would love to get their hands on? Tune in!

    Cherry Ames apparently is a series of books. This one was interesting in that it did describe a lot of hospital procedures from the 1940s. The plot seemed a little sketchy but what can ya do.

    I've already established I don't like to rate antiques.

    Time to read: 1 day (kept putting it down to do other things)
    Posted by: Slowplum at: 10:30 AM
    0 comments

    ~~*~~

    Top